Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Throwback of 2016

My journey in 2016 didn't start good at the beginning. But after I finally got myself back on, I managed to do things better. It ended quite... well... actually not bad, I won't say it's perfectly fine, at least it has improved from what I expected.

I had 2 overseas trip this year, HK & TW. Both are not budget trip, considering the spending I had for the trip or in the country. However it was fun and I would think it worth the money I spent. There are some moments money can't buy. Next year I hope that I can travel more and hopefully it'll more more budget.

For games, I'm still playing my Candy Crush Soda and Farmville 2. I realized that I played Criminal Mind a lot last year but stopped since Sep. After that I'm getting into Pokemon Go. Anyhow I'm not a hardcore player, not a good player also.

I'm a fan for Super Junior, and like some of the Korean groups and songs. This year I started to like EXO. Not a diehard fan, but started to follow their news, watch their shows, listen to their songs and buy their albums. Nothing special, just because I like the songs.

Here are some of the important things happened last year. I will have a review of my last year resolution after this and see how far I went.

Psycho neighbour
My family seriously disturbed by the psycho neighbor in the beginning of the year. He just moved in a few months but kept on making loud and disturbing noise like dragging the table and chair, bouncing balls (sounds like iron ball) on the floor, banging the wall...... it was so disturbing until we almost went mad. We tried so many ways to stop him, including banging back from our end (ya it's a stupid way) but it didn't work. Actually we should have talked to them but based on our past experience dealing with him, we decided not to confront him. Luckily they finally moved out and we got back our peace.

2016-01 Doomed News
After the result, it was almost my doom day because it's really out of my expectation. But I managed to pull myself together and keep moving on. It wasn't easy. But you may also say it's because I didn't have other choice. Anyhow I can take it as my resilience achievement. I don't expect the same thing happen again next year, if it does, I'll consider to make a move this time.

2016-01-19 Pre-CNY Dinner (收工酒)
这是一个没有“酒”的收工“酒”
I used to have dinner with my buddies every year before CNY (Chinese New Year). But there are less people joined year by year, and this year, another 2 are leaving. So next year I'm not sure we will still have the dinner or not. Anyhow it's a good memory to me.


2016-02-13 Gathering of friends from Primary School
These are my primary schoolmates, last time we met was around 10 years ago I believe. It's not easy to get everybody together. And.... all of them are married... 😅


2016-02-25 Gathering of S3Science Girls
Another gathering, where 4 of us are being together. We were from 高三理 (Senior 3 Science) when we were in school. That time only 6 girls in a class. Very precious. But it's very difficult to get everybody together nowadays. And, again, they're all married. 😢


2016-04-13 Shell Safety Day
Shell Safety Day 2016, PDRM K9 unit brought police dogs along. First time taking photo so close with fierce animal. He's actually very cute~~~ ♥️


2016-04-21 Car Breakdown at Dpulze
Link to the story: A story about car breakdown
I would say it is another bad day for me of the year where my car suddenly couldn't start up at night inside a carpark of a shopping mall (Dpulze), and it's almost 10pm when the mall was going to close. Luckily I managed to call my colleague for help. After that I've learned that you always need to get your car serviced or checked on time. Or... don't go out at night alone.


2016-05-21 Photo with 林德荣
First of all I'm not his fan. But I quite like this DJ when I used to listen to MYFM. I met him in the airport playground when he's with his family. He was so friendly, when I greeted him and asked if I can take photo with him, he actually took my phone and took a selfie.


2016-05-26 New Phone
I bought a new phone before my existing phone broke down. And this time I purposely go for a quite high-end one: Mi Note. A 64GB phone and costs me > RM1500. Anyway I never regret, I love the huge capacity and HD camera, I brought it to my HK & TW trip and it so far didn't let me down. I still got half of the storage inside.


2016-05-28 SBO Superhero Run & Family Carnival
This year the Shell run and the family day (family carnival) are on the same day. And what happened was, after a 8km run (walk), I cramped my ankle and I could hardly walk. Because of that, my parents and nephew have to hold on with me, they didn't walk much or play much this time. Next year if we have family day again I won't join the run together.


2016-06-10 to 12 Trip to Hong Kong
My first time going HK with my friend, a very short trip because my friend just go there for Beyond's concert. Many says it doesn't worth it but at least I stepped in to the country. I have no regrets and I met my HK friends. Actually I've been to many landmarks in HK already so what else do I expect?


Pokemon Go
The fever of Pokemon Go started this year. At the beginning I thought of not playing it but later on I couldn't stand the "itchy hand" to start on the game. What happen next.... is that I'm still playing now even if others have stopped 😂. Anyway I'm not a hardcore player, I just play as and when I feel like want to catch anything or I'm bored. I'm still in very low level but I'm fine with it. The fever of Pokemon Go doesn't last long, now many people are feeling bored and the players are getting lesser and lesser now.


2016-08 Rio Olympics
Rio Olympics 2016 happened in August. Where our Datuk Lee still couldn't get his first gold medal in Olympics game, but he won the support from the nation and fans from other countries. He is doing very well, just it's not his time. But his game with Lin Dan is the best.


2016-08-08 MYSG Commercial Fleet Away Day
Coaches were invited to MYSGCF Away Day and facilitate for the Treasure Hunt game. It was fun although it's quite tiring. And still... I hate doing make-ups..... 


2016-09-04 Gala Dinner
Annual CSC dinner, CSE team has played a sketch. Quite short but funny. Not used to perform on stage but it was a good experience.


2016-08-18 CSE Away Day
Last year, our team had our 2D1N Away Day at Port Dickson Grand Lexis hotel, this year, pathetically... we only had a half day event in Putrajaya Pullman Hotel. Not so special actually but at least.... it's an Away Day. 😜


2016-09-15 Hair Cut
I cut my hair short (not so short, just shoulder length...) after... don't know how long.


2016-10-22 Zumba Party
First time ever, I went for a Zumba party with my office friends. I joined Zumba dance for 1 or 2 years already 


2016-10-30 One Day Trip
I went to a 1D trip with my parents, but I also don't know where I went... the most I remembered was I had a quite good but long-waited Ulu Yam Loh Mee.


2016-11-19 Alex Retirement Dinner
My boss/manager Alex retired this year, and we had a dinner in a restaurant at Cyberjaya Resort. After 30+ years of service he could end his journey completely in Shell. It's one of my goal too. But, how much longer I can stay in here?


2016-12-14 to 19 Trip to Taiwan (Taipei)
Before end of the year, I had my final trip overseas with my best buddy and her family. It is definitely not a "budget" trip, but at least I enjoyed the moment with them and I had been most of the must-go places in Taipei. This year all my overseas trip are not budget at all, but still, no regrets. Sometimes things cannot be perfect, you just need to enjoy the moment whenever you have the chance.

No comments: