Friday, September 21, 2007

Combat Rocks!

Jab, cross, upper cut, hook, combat stance, invasive sidekick....... do you know these terms? It's specially for a group exercise I'm learning in the fitness center. It's a combination movement of kick-boxing, martial arts, Tai-Chi, Tae Kwan Do, Karate and so on. But of course, even you do very good in the class, it doesn't mean that you are a kungfu 'master' and can start 'fighting'...... I don't think even the instructor can do so... :P

The first group class I joined in this center was Body Jam, which is more in dancing movement. Although I prefer dancing than kungfu fighting, I mostly join the Combat class and because of this, I got to know and be friend with some of the club members and even current and future instructor (those who are taking the instructor training).

I think my weakness is my body is not strong enough to hold myself throughout the class. One of the movement that I still can't make it even after 1 years in the class is -- push up.

I hope that I can get improvement in the coming days. I don't expect to become as good like those instructors, but at least, it's not "char kuey teow" movement anymore.

http://www.lesmills.com/global/en/members/bodycombat/bodycombat-group-fitness-program.aspx

No comments: