Thursday, April 28, 2011

My first class

My first Mandarin class.

I was so worried when I was told that I had to do it alone today, but luckily everything went fine. Thanks to all the participants for their active feedback and responses.

In spite of giving a training, I would rather say that it's a sharing session. Sharing what I know and my experience. I don't really know how to train people actually, but what I can do is just to share what I've done for the past 5 years.

Before I joined the team, I was doubt of my ability and skills being a trainer, which is part of my job scope. But now, it seems that I'm comfortable with it. However, it might just because I have a group of nice participants -- although only 4 of them. It's a small class for sure, but at least it won't give me so much pressure.

Tomorrow is the last day of the training, I'm not sure if I have delivered what I'm supposed to, just hope that at least they could bring something out from my class, then I'll be satisfied with it. Not to say how I've helped them to improve, just to let them have an idea how it works and how they can learn it by themselves after this.

2 comments:

kokwah said...

ganbatte! you are doing much better than i was in ibm last time, of course, this role too. it's a good start.

Yoke Fun said...

you are TSM now, cannot compare... haha! I'm trying my best on this new role, hopefully I'll like it... you also ganbatte ne~~