Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Emergency

It was around 4pm in the afternoon, while I was surfing net on the dining table, I was shocked by a big "BANG!" sound from the back. I rushed and checked, found that one of the uncle has fell down from the 4 feet stand and passed out.

"Go get some help!" another uncle shouted. But at that moment, my mind was in a whirl, several thoughts have come into my mind: call ambulance? call my dad or brother? drive him to the hospital myself? then who will take care of my house? Just in a split of second, I decided to drive him to the hospital, another uncle was following, and my uncle (my mum's brother) left to take care of my house.

At first I went to the clinic nearby, but there was another patient inside also in emergency and just started treatment. Then we just changed our direction to Serdang Hospital.

Luckily the wound is not serious, he has done X-ray scanning, no bone fracture is found for this time (he had serious injury 4 years ago caused by car accident). After around 2 hours, we finally on our way back home.

This is the first time I have ever handled such an emergency in my life. I was freaked out at the first moment when it happened and my mind went blank. I didn't know what should I do, even if I have made my decision I also need to get myself prepared and make sure the house is safe and locked properly. It was just a scary moment.

So I have told my family, next time DON'T ever leave me alone in the house again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank God, every one is ok. actually, u have done a very good job as a first timer.

i think our education is lack of this kind of first aid.
you can easily find the difference from Japan's last tsunami.

well, sometimes hindsight is better than foresight because we experienced it. So, take it as a lesson learned and help those who has not experienced so.