Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Back to Ipoh again

Maybe I shouldn't use "back" because it's not my hometown actually...
but there are some kind of connections I had in this place, especially my childhood memory.
As time goes by, everything changed.
And things can never be the same again after grandma passed away.
Trees had been cut. Neighbours' houses are renovated. New highway behind. Empty houses...
The view is totally different from what was in my memory last time.
All the kids have grown up, and they have their own lives.
What we can do, is to stay close to each other, keep us in contact.
This time, we went there along my brother-in-law and the little boy boy.
For the first time, we stayed in no relative's house nor grandma's house, but in the hotel.
A budget hotel nearby aunt's house.
Very small, no window, stuffy if no air-cond...... but quite clean and tidy.
I know that we cannot get back to our old times, but at least I wish that we could stay together in the future. Even after so many years later, we can still keep in touch.
We are in a family afterall.

No comments: