Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Merdeka's Day!!!

Today is Malaysia 50th Merdeka's Day (Independence Day).

50 years, is half of a decade. How many 50 years we have in our life? It's quite meaningful and grateful that we all could celebrate a 50th anniversary in our life. No matter it's your birthday, independence day, wedding anniversary or others.

Last year, we were joining the count-down event at The Mines, with my family. I still remember I recorded it down when they count from 10. But this year, we couldn't make it because there is a newbie in our house. We couldn't leave our little baby at home and go out and enjoy ourselves.

Nevertheless, this year, although is a very meaningful celebration for all Malaysian, I still couldn't really feel the joyfulness around me. Maybe it's because the government has controlled the celebration event in other places, because they hope that all the 'free' people could join the grand celebration at Dataran Merdeka (Merdeka Square).

But still, I could hear the fireworks from far. And I greeted our little fellow, "Happy Merdeka's Day!!!"
(It's too bad the little fella was too sleepy and not sure if he could hear me.... =.=")

No comments: