Friday, October 28, 2011

Visit to Taiping (26-Oct-2011)

Actually I can't say it's a trip to Taiping, because going to 'touch' the fortune tortoise is the only purpose of this trip, and along the way we visited a few places. Of course, it's a kind of "aunty trip" again.

We started our journey at 6am in the morning, so I was still in my dreamland on the bus until we reached our first destination, the charcoal factory. So don't ask me where is it, the only thing I can tell is it's really deep inside a huge palm garden. Which means that, without a guide, it's quite impossible for a stranger to enter alone. Most of the visitors there got their own 'lucky charcoal', for me I just grabbed a small one as a souvenir. :P
Here's a video uploaded by a local traveling agency about this place:
Our next destination, is a temple, also quite deep inside and far away from town. What so special about the temple is they have a "18 level of hell". But we didn't visit there because it doesn't feel 'lucky' to go to he**, although it's just show you some info and art work. I just donated some money and rang the bell 3 times for best fortune.

I found 1 video uploaded by a traveling agency about this place:


We had our lunch at Kuala Gula, a small restaurant and actually at a not so many people are in the place.


After lunch it's another factory visit, the salted duck egg factory in Kuala Gula. Nowadays things are going mechanized, including salted eggs production. We can see 2 big cylinders are in the factory, making salted eggs, but of course still need human to operate.


(I'm not really promoting this agency but this is the best video I could find from youtube about these places)


Are you fascinated with the beautiful scenery in Taiping Lake? Here is our destination, but not the lake itself, it's because of the 'lucky tortoise'. Anyway the beauty of the lake is really fascinating. I would really want to have a second visit here, mainly to enjoy the scene of the lake garden.


We didn't visit to the famous bridge or have a walk in the garden because it was too rush.


OK, here comes the main purpose of us -- the lucky six-legged tortoise. Many people said that by touching or carrying the tortoise can give you a great fortune, of course it's related to money. Many people won lottery after touching the tortoise. Believe it or not?


The last place we went, are shops and of course dinner before going home. We went home quite late, it's almost 12pm when we reached home. I can't say I really enjoyed the trip actually, but still, at least I had a chance to visit some of the places in Malaysia which I have never been to. Despite the annoying and disturbing karaoke on the bus, I still like the journey.

No comments: