Friday, October 9, 2009

A call today

B walked away, forgot to put in aux code.
Call came in, without any other choice, I asked A to take the call.
From the receiver, I could hear that the caller actually is impatient and irritated after trying for so many times but still couldn't get the thing installed.
Actually I didn't have much expectation on A, I'm sure the caller was not happy, because he even asked, "What are you going to send me?"

Caller called again, this time C took it. He asked me why A closed the call so fast without confirmation from user that the problem is resolved. While C was chatting with me on ST, he found that the caller had disconnected.

I was worried. I decided to call back the BP user by myself, I was so worried that he would lose his temper this time.

But surprisingly, he answered the call with a very nice voice. Eventhough the problem actually persisted. I guided him, patiently, tried to be as nice as I could, to follow the steps and instructions. He realized that he had missed out one step, and agreed to try it again. He told us that we can close the call, if he found the problem again he will call us back.

He sounds so grateful and said thank you for so many times. After the call finished, I felt relief, and warm. I was so happy that he was not angry with us, and the call ended with a very happy tone.

I realized that, I would prefer to become a normal agent, solving caller's problem and answering caller's questions directly. Especially when getting their positive feedback and response, when they sound happy after the problem resolved or they got their answers. And also, the happiest moment is, when some regular users call and tell me that they are so happy to hear my voice.

It's a sense of satisfaction that you can get directly from the end users. It's nothing you can get if you are doing normal administrative works. I know that it sounds conflict with the new role that I'm currently taking, but that is where my job satisfaction comes from.

I still can tell everyone that, "I'm the Agent of the Year 2008! (2nd runner-up.... haha!)"

I think I found I'm so happy to work in the customer service field. I know that my progression is kind of slow, but everyone's goal are different. Some wants to be a leader, the others happy to be just a team player, I'm one of them.

No comments: