Thursday, June 9, 2011

So free... not so free

My 'boss' is in Japan now.
No specific schedule for me at the moment, only those BAU (business as usual).
After joining the team for 1/2 year, I found that I have so much freedom in here, basically my boss and the 'authorities' are quite busy with their work, they will move around, attending meetings, trainings... so I can say for most of the time, nobody is watching us (me).
However, it doesn't mean that I don't need to work.
We have our monthly task to do: training coordination, cqm work for > 100 agents every month, coaching to the agents according to the schedule, and some other ad-hoc work. As long as we can complete our work, usually we won't be monitored and questioned -- but of course, the bottomline is, we also have to behave, this includes don't let people see you are doing 'non-work related' stuffs in the office.
This job requires a high level of self-discipline. You need to learn how to control yourself, do proper time management. Otherwise, after all the NVA works that you have done, at the end of the day, when it comes to the deadline, you may find that you just complete half of your work, then you'll feel you wanna die.
I don't say I'm a completely hardworking type of person, so I need to make sure my work is in progress and within the schedule.
So, I can say I'm free, but not so free as well.

No comments: