Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hot drums, hot music

I have been a brass band member during in secondary school. When I first joined, actually I wished I could be assigned to the percussion team, because I like rhythmic music. And I believed that playing music with your hands is much easier than with your mouth.

Although I became a trumpeter at last, sometimes I still like to play drums with my other members, learning to play their pieces, and even after so many years, I can still remember the beat. If I had a chance to become a drummer, I would like to learn to play different types of drums, for example djembe drums. This famous African instrument is very popular in music and it’s been used in so many pop songs and even traditional music. And once you play it, you will also like it very much.

No comments: