Friday, August 8, 2008

Slow... Slow... Slow...

Do you believe that, in such a big international company, most of the applications they use is SLOW?

I really don't know how to support in such a 'speed', especially when you are on the phone with users, can you imagine that you have to keep apologizing to users and telling them, "I'm sorry, would you please hold on a second, our system is quite slow now..."

It might depends on network performance for each location, I admit that our country's network speed is generally slower than other countries, even Singapore, but you can't develop an application and expect it's used in all high-speed network platforms.

So, since I can't do anything to speed up the thing, the only thing I can say to our users, is "Sorry, please wait for a moment, our system is very slow..."

No comments: