Friday, December 19, 2008

Thank you! Farewell! Good Luck!

We were having a 'farewell meeting' with Mikiko-san, our final conference with our greatest "mother" that has been holding our hands walking along the way, since 3 years ago, until now we grow up and be independent.

For us, she's more than our trainer or supervisor or higher management, but also our role model, friend, consultant, even a 'mother' that could bear with all her children's mistakes, goods and bads. She's the nicest, smartest yet most graceful 'leader' that I've seen. She's always in her smily face, never seen her getting into a temper before even if somebody is making a mistake, but then it still make you feel sorry and guilty.

I think it's already a 'miracle' to me for coming to this point, because I'm not really good speaking in English, it's not only the tone and the pronounciation, it's also about the way that you communicate and how well you can express yourself. I never speak well in a daily or casual conversation, it's the weakest part of me. However, she did help me along all these years, not really on the language part, but the way I handle things, how I could improve my knowledge and skills. Because once you have confidence about yourself, you'll have a fluent speech. Because of her tolerance against me, and patience to keep guiding me along, whenever I felt frustrated and lost she'll pull me up and show me the right way. That's why we are so much appreciate her in our team.

When it came to my turn to say some words to her, a sudden sadness had come into my mind. I tried to control my emotion so that I wouldn't sound trembling. My words were still not quite organized, but at least I think that I've expressed most of my feeling out to everybody.

However, Kim were choked with emotions. I couldn't see her face but her voice changed and she couldn't say a word. We were part of the first members for this team, we have been coming across so much laughters, angers and tears from the beginning until now. I think she has more feeling than me, as she works more with her than I do.

It was a very emotional conference, everybody felt sad and heavy-hearted, some of us started weeping, I even could hear M was sobbing on the other side. Ya, it's hard. Anyhow, all good things came to an end. So I will just wish for her happiness and health in the future. As she's having her second pregnancy, so wishing her has a healthy and pretty baby. Japan ladies got one year maternity leave, so she'll be with her family on the next year. I'll never forget her and also the moment that we had together with the team. We might not be keep in touch so frequent, anyway, hopefully I'll have chance to meet her again.

All the BEST, Mikiko-san!

No comments: