Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Working on Xmas day... OT somemore

Our latest schedule is out. After a small discussion -- but actually there is not much to be discussed about -- 'we' have 'agreed' that I'll be taking the shift on Christmas day and do extra 2 hours overtime to cover the night shift. Of course I got extra pay, otherwise who would be working on public holiday?

Christmas day is still ok for me as I'm not celebrating it, and don't really plan to go out because I can expect it shall be extremely crowded everywhere.

But the problem is Chinese New Year. Can you imagine that, Chinese staffs are not the first priority to be off on CNY. I understand that we need to support all other Asian countries, but there are some other members available, why we are always the one who take the tough work? That's why I strongly refuse to work on CNY every year, it's not worth it. Unless you pay me 10x, otherwise I would rather stay at home at least it's our biggest day in the year.

I'm still worrying about our CNY schedule, they said Mandarin team must have at least one member standby. I would strongly say NO, by all means, I'll definitely fight for that. Yes, I'm local, but it doesn't mean that I don't need to celebrate CNY.

No comments: