Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Working Poor

A few weeks ago, I read a special topic in a local newspaper, nowadays in our society we have a new group of people, which are named, "the working poor".

According to the definition from Wikipedia, "Working poor is a term used to describe individuals and families who maintain regular employment but remain in relative poverty due to low levels of pay and dependent expenses. The working poor are often distinguished from paupers, poor who are supported by government aid or charity."

In general, this people has a regular job and stable income, however, due to their monthly high expenses, they are kind of living as a poor. It's even worse than those who spend all their salary every month.

Frankly speaking, it's quite pity if you are living as a "working poor", because the thing is, it doesn't matter how much you earn, it's regarding how much you keep for yourself.

Luckily I'm still not living in this category, but the truth is, my monthly expenses really has become my biggest burden in my living. I'm still looking for an opportunity to change my living style or increasing my income, at least it can keep me from being a "working poor" in the future.

No comments: