Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My nephew in 19 months



I took this photo when he finally learnt how to hold the milk botol by himself. I can't say he's a slow learner, but it might because he has used his talent to other things, like how to open the drawer, how to play with the boxes, padlocks and fans......

He can walk very well now, but this has caused us into trouble because we have to chase after him around the house, especially those 'restricted areas' to him, like kitchen.

He still only can pronounce a few words, without any precise meaning. For example, he'll call my sis and mum 'Mama' together, but sometimes also calls my mum 'Ah Bo', 'Ah Ber', 'Ah Bah'... whichever he likes. But to me, I'm still his 'ah ber'... (sweat)

He's quite tall, many people say so. His last measurement was 78cm 2 weeks ago. Maybe he's taller than some other toddlers, but not really that tall. Although he doesn't really take solid food, he weighs ~10+ kg, still normal. (Can you imagine when we carry him, we are like carrying a bag of rice?)

Milk is still his main food everyday, and because of that, he has to drink quite frequently, approximately 3~4 hours once, 160ml per feeding. These 2 days he starts to take some rice, with some vege. But he can't eat much, else he will throw up.

He's getting naughty now, no longer can stay in the car seat quietly when my Dad drove out with him, and always shout and squeal. We are still trying how to calm him down.

No comments: