Sunday, September 19, 2010

Souvenior from Netherland

Netherland, many people will call it Holland, is one of the famous Europeans countries, it is famous with windmills, tulips, or maybe... Dutch Lady? haha

My friend just came back from Netherland business trip, and she bought us clogs for souvenior. She said it's very famous in Netherland, and many shops and stalls are selling clogs to tourists.

When I took one pair back to the office, the little boy suddenly asked me: Do you know what does it mean by giving a pair of clogs to other people?

Eh................ ah... I remember, Chinese usually don't give people shoes because it means you need to run away (走佬). And in Cantonese also there is one common saying: 冇鞋挽屐走 (even if I don't have shoes I will go away with clogs). which means to leave hurriedly from an awkward situation.

Hmm... I'm sure my friend doesn't mean anything bad to us, so I'm still glad to receive the souvenior. And this is not a real size of clogs, so I think.... should be ok gua? haha!

No comments: