Monday, October 29, 2007

English

I never thought that, I'll take a job that need to use English everyday. I have been using Chinese a lot: sub-editor, secretary...... but I never so confident about my English that I could be able to speak and write. However, it's what I'm doing now -- application support in English (and Mandarin).

Whenever I write or speak in English, it always remind me of my secondary school's English teacher. She is a good teacher, kind-hearted and patient, especially to us. I always admire her because she speaks well and standard English, although it didn't really help me to improve my English..... I feel a bit regret now when I really need to use it a lot, I should have taken it seriously enough during that time, then at least I would be able to discuss about the weather with my user. (It was once I stuttered when user asked me about the weather in Malaysia.... I couldn't find another word to describe it other than "hot", "good".... =.=")

I still can remember the grammers that she had taught us: verbs, past participle, gerunds, objectives, etc. I had put on so much effort to organize my notebooks during her class, but unfortunately it has been lost by one of my friend (and this really makes me feel so regret, I shouldn't have borrowed my precious to him.... ><), which I still take it as one of my treasure although it's not with me now.

Now I'm trying my best to learn all the "chicken sausage" (as what Chinese says...) at least to get more comfortable on my daily and casual conversation. Experts say, it doesn't matter how much you have learnt, the most important is how much you keep.

Thank you Ms. Tok, for being such a good English teacher to me. Although I'm definitely not her best student, but she is still my best teacher. And what I've learnt from you, really be a great value to me in my life.

No comments: