Monday, October 15, 2007

Selamat Hari Raya

This year's Hari Raya, except the crowded ramadhan bazaar you can see along the road, it seems lesser Raya mood than past years.

The streets, especially city center like Petaling Street, which used to be very empty during Raya and CNY, now is 'flooded' by foreign people. The city is no longer 'lonely' anymore.

No matter how many raya songs we have heard on TV, radio or shopping centers, it's more commercial than festival. What is going wrong with these?

During the 2-day holiday, as usual, I'm with my family. Since the baby is not here (his parents have brought him home for holidays), we were able to hang out. So normally we just spent our time in the shopping center during Raya, first day at Jusco, second day at Tesco (also 'co'... =.="). For most of the people, it's quite boring if you hang out in these kind of place during holiday. But for me, it's quite a precious family gathering time.

Especially while the little fella is not around, we could go out and buy a cake for my bro's birthday. We don't have grant celebration on our birthdays, but in my family, every member will have a cake on their birthday. It's become a habit, or you can say, it's kind of family tie.

I still have to work even though it's a replacement holiday for Raya on Monday. But of course, not as busy as normal days. I can be more relax. The air is a bit freezing around me... I'm looking forward to go back home and meet my baby nephew who will be back today.

No comments: