Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Gardens

This is the first time I walk into The Gardens. A new shopping mall next to Mid Valley Megamall. Frankly, it doesn't impressed me too much. Maybe I put too high expectations when it was first opened, especially when I saw the beautiful pictures on the press, magazines and my friend's blog. But when I really stepped into the place, I was a bit...... disappointed.

Most of the shops in the mall are branded shops or designer's shops. One thing for sure, people like us (average-income cosumers), are not their target customers. However, I'm still quite amazed by its "Hogwards-like" design of the walkway, if you saw them from the ground floor, it just seems like the crossing staircase in Hogwards...

The other shopping mall I would like to go is Pavilion, which is located in the golden triangle at Bukit Bintang. As I heard from my friends who have been there, it also target on those weathies, as most of them are branded shops. I just want to see their designs and structures.

It seems like most of the shopping malls are expanding. Besides Mid Valley, and the new wing in 1 Utama years ago, there comes a new phase for Sunway Pyramid too. I might be there tomorrow, and then I shall see what is the difference and how can it impress me (or maybe... not?).

No comments: