Friday, March 28, 2008

My first "show"

After 3 nights OT in a row, finally I could finish the training presentation material. Actually it's not really that perfect, just enough for the training only.

When I saw the contents added, I really doubted that if I had time to finish it within 2 hours. And now it's proven that I couldn't. I thought my 'daymare' is over, but it seems I still need to go through the "second round".

From the experience in my first presentation when I was still in college, the response and feedback from the audiences do affect your performance. In the morning session, all the people looked so serious, some of them even gave me a 'examiner' look, like judging me during my presentation. It was a really scary and awful moment until I found myself spoke incoherently, sometimes I didn't even know what did I say, especially when I saw the doubt faces in front of me.

The afternoon session is better, I was less stressful maybe because our 'big bosses' were not there, and they really gave me a positive response.

I don't really like public speaking, even if the audience is the people I know or close with, or how many people are there listen to me. I still have so much things to learn, and furthermore, this could be a good chance for me to really think about my career path, whether I want to go on with this, or find a better way for me.

But now what I need to concern about is my 'second round', I can expect there will be another stressful moment for me again.

No comments: